Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy ... Happy ... Happy ...

Today is my 23rd birthday, I know I feel so old yet so young at the same time. It's a Catch-22, no longer a kid but not quite ready to be an adult.
Which leads me to my real point; today I of course received many well wishes and just love from all places. But I think what really strikes me the most are those people that didn't just take the easy way out. I'm talking about those people that didn't just post on my Facebook or use that as a reminder that I am in fact another year older today.
Those people that took the time out and contacted me directly, those people that show me they really care.
Now I am in no way belittling the efforts of those that posted on my Facebook, because I am truly grateful to anyone that took the time out to send me good thoughts and happy wishes. But I really love the extra little something that those few put into my birthday and would text or call me.
I still can't believe I'm 23, this is so surreal. It's my first birthday that I haven't had to go to school (weekends notwithstanding). It's weird for me to technically be an adult and celebrating my birthday, going out to dinner with my family and celebrating with those people that are really and truly important to me. It's a new chapter in my life and I can't wait to see what's on the next page.

No comments:

Post a Comment