Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Novena to St. Peregrine

Saint Peregrine
St. Peregrine is the Patron Saint of Cancer Patients. Today, March 10, is a big day in the Fallon household!

My mother is currently in NYC at Memorial Sloane-Kettering undergoing tests and exams to see how well the Radiation & Chemotherapy have worked on her tumor, her cancer.

Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers today, say a quick novena to Saint Peregrine in honor of my mother! xoxo


 Glorious wonder-worker, St. Peregrine, you answered the divine call with a ready spirit, and forsook all the comforts of a life of ease and all the empty honors of the world to dedicate yourself to God in the Order of His holy Mother.
 
You labored manfully for the salvation of souls. In union with Jesus crucified, you endured painful sufferings with such patience as to deserve to be healed miraculously of an incurable cancer in your leg by a touch of His divine hand. 

Obtain for me the grace to answer every call of God and to fulfill His will in all the events of life. Enkindle in my heart a consuming zeal for the salvation of all men. 
Deliver me from the infirmities that afflict my body especially Virginia Fallon. 

Obtain for me also a perfect resignation to the sufferings it may please God to send me, so that, imitating our crucified Savior and His sorrowful Mother, I may merit eternal glory in heaven.

St. Peregrine, pray for me and for all who invoke your aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment