Sunday, July 19, 2015

St. Jude Give Thanks Walk

DONATE HERE

All right ya’ll! I’m back after a brief hiatus! But I am back with a bang and ready to announce that this year I will be participating in the …

2015 ST. JUDE WALK/RUN
To End Childhood Cancer

For those of you that are familiar with St. Jude walks you know that normally they are held in NYC in November, however this year the walk will take place on September 26, 2015 and we will walk across the Brooklyn Bridge!

I have joined a team to support the Long Island Alumnae Chapter of Delta Delta Delta, my team and I each have a fundraising goal! With a little over two months until the event I beseech you my friends, family and lovely readers; I invite you to join in the fun or if you can’t donations are always welcome!

I have set up a fundraising page through the St. Jude website where anyone generous enough can support me, as well as LIAC, in the fight to help St. Jude end childhood cancer.

As a Delta Delta Delta woman this is a cause very near and dear to my heart; because believe it or not even though I have not suffered from childhood cancer I have known people in my life that have had to fight the good fight. That is why I am so supportive of such an amazing cause!

Because at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital has pushed the survival rate for childhood cancer from 20% (1962) to 80% (2015).

Because at St. Jude no family receives a bill for treatment.

Did you know that the doctors and scientists at St. Jude share their research and developments? They believe that no child should suffer and by sharing their research they make it available to save children that cannot reach their hospital.

In 1999 Delta Delta Delta entered a partnership with St. Jude Children’s Reasearch Hospital. Since then my organization has proudly raised more than $30 million dollars for St. Jude; since then we have donated a Teen Room to the hospital and named a Patient Care Floor in the Chili’s Care Center.

Our current goal is to raise $60 million in 10 years and donate Tri Delta Place! Tri Delta’s are nothing if not passionate about our philanthropic partner!


Thank you all in advance for your support; past, present and future! It means a lot to me! I hope you can all help me reach my goal and support my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment