Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Vacation

6:30am in West Palm Beach

So this week I start off with a small apology for missing last week's blog post. Believe me I had all good intentions of posting from paradise, brought my laptop on vacation with me and everything! And that is something I never usually do! But alas, two days into my vacation and I need to rush to a doctor to be diagnosed with strep throat and start antibiotics.

So my vacation wasn't exactly what I had envisioned in my head, but hey I guess there are worse things in life right? But I'm back now and back to work! Now that I'm starting to feel more like myself I am diving headfirst back into my work, especially writing more.

Actually something funny happened while I was away on vacation; I can't remember exactly where we were but I happened to be sitting next to my grandmother when she leans into me and asks; "Do you think you'll write another book?"

Now as well all know, I have written and self-published a book. I have one, count 'em ONE, on the market right now. It's my first but most certainly is not my last! I guess I found that question funny because it was asked out of curiosity, as if the writing thing is just something I do in my spare time for fun. While writing is very fun for me let me just state that writing is my passion, it's what I enjoy and what I eventually want to do full time. This is the career that I want.

I do enjoy my job and working where I am right now; which is a good thing! Because if I hated my job while trying to jumpstart a difficult career I'd be miserable. But I'm quite happy and content, on the days I have to be at work I'm happy and my days off from work when I get to focus on my writing I'm happy. I'm at a good place right now and am only planning to move onward and upward from here.

So wish me luck ya'll! Because now that I'm back from vacation I'm jumping in with both feet and giving it my all!

No comments:

Post a Comment