Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Nostalgia

Time to discuss the feeling of nostalgia, this past Sunday marked two years since I graduated from Adelphi University! Two years!

Some days it feels like just yesterday I went to class and sat through an hour or more of lectures, workshopping and exams. I can't believe how much time has gone by, and so quickly, since I finished school. This year during the commencement ceremony I was at work, in the back of my head I knew the ceremony was happening while I was doing my daily duties at work but my brain just couldn't wrap itself around that concept.

I guess it's a good thing that it still amazes me how much time has passed. Because if it amazes me it means my life is moving forward, moving onto newer and greater things. Life after graduation was a scary thing, I mean for one I had literally endless possibilities in front of me and a laundry list of things I had to do. Basically all the things I had to do was figure out ways to navigate the adult world as an adult myself.

But after the initial shock it all came down to baby steps, job, car, career and things of that nature. I'm a list maker, an organizer so I made it a step by step process in order to navigate this next step. Well my head is above water and I'm finding it easier and easier to balance my work life with my social life.

So two years down, ten, twenty, fifty+ to go ...




No comments:

Post a Comment