Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Start of Something New ...

     This past Friday night the first one of my friend's married the love of her life. The wedding was amazing! It was beautiful and a lot of fun. It really was amazing being part of their special day.
But with that comes the realization that I am now at the age where my friends are going to be getting married, growing up, etc. I really don't know when this happened! When did I become an adult? Where did the time go?
     Four years ago the bride and I barely even knew each other's names! Now she's a married woman and I did a reading at her ceremony. She went from a Miss to a Mrs but to me she will always be my Big, my Tri Delta sister, my friend. She's one of the best people I've had the privilege of knowing in my life and I can't to see what the future has in store for us.
     But I still can't believe I'm coming to that age where not only my friends are getting married but my cousins. Cousins that have babysat me, cousins that taught me how to play volleyball in the summer or how to swim. I have cousins having babies, which is a whole other area that takes adjustment. I can't believe that so much time has passed and we're all coming to this point in life.
     I see my friends from high school maybe once a month, maybe, because we're all working and have different schedules. But thankfully I'm lucky enough to have the type of friends that don't let distance or time hurt our friendships.
     This is me getting older and oddly it's exciting, I should be nervous because normally my anxiety can and does get the better of me. Some days it still does. But for right now I'm good, there's a whole slew of new adventures out there for me and I can't wait to tackle them.

Not four years, but for life ΔΔΔ
BBPB

No comments:

Post a Comment